SEVAT is an acronym that stands for SEVIS, Visa, Accommodation, and Ticket. SEVAT is a sponsorship program that provides financial assistance for the payment of SEVIS, Visa, One Month Accommodation, and Ticket fees for graduate students who have been admitted and have received a full funding offer (graduate assistantships) from a university in the United States of America or Canada but do not have the means to pay these fees. This program is in line with the Sustainable Development Goal 4 (Quality Education) of the United Nations which aims to ensure inclusive and equitable quality education quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all.
- Must be an African living in Africa at the time of application
- Must be a student in need
- Must have gained admission at a university in USA or Canada
- Must have received full funding in the form of graduate assistantships that comes with a monthly stipend from the department / university
- Must be willing to successfully complete his or her program of chosen study
- Must be willing to allow the Organization share how they benefitted from the program on their websites and social media pages
How to submit application
Applicants should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with their full name, nationality, place of residence, contact information and attach proof of admission and assistantship/scholarship offer.